Things are still moving forward in the Fuel & Fire camp. Lately, I’ve been drawing a lot on the ‘ol animation disk for other projects, and the comic. Yes, real pencils, and that arcane tool known as a sharpener.
My latest task has been trying to work out the visual elements for, Sam, the pilot of the flying wing. Some information about her:
- She’s a big game hunter.
- With the flying wing, she goes on expeditions out on the dangerous flatlands.
- Her father, Al, owns and operates the Ammo and Waffles next to Chan’s shop.
- She and Chan bicker about the flying wing constantly. Chan originally built and hot rodded the wing, as well as providing the maintenance. Like all his vehicle creations, he has a hard time letting them go - even to the owners.
- She uses a semi automatic large caliber rifle. The semi automatic nature, and the handy extra clips are needed because her prey travels in packs and they can be vicious.
- Her prey, is a mainstay in the world’s economy.
Here’s one of my sketches for her costume:
- She’s not wearing chaps, those are g-suit inspired pant-like-things.
- That’s not her belly showing, she wears a light shirt under that top.
- The pouches on the tactical harness are for ammo clips. They’re not big enough.
- The lack of landmarks makes navigation through in the flatlands difficult, and she must diligently keep track of her flight path. Because of this she has a pad strapped to her leg, and always has a writing instrument on her (hence the slots on her shirt sleeve).
- She has a hip pack for light survival gear that is attached to her tactical harness and belt (which uses an old airline lap buckle).